Wild Bird Society of Japan - Hiroshima Prefecture Branch
Birdwatching at Matsunaga Bay
Birdwatching at Yahata River
- 29 April (National holiday)
- We will watch shorebirds at Matsunaga Bay, eastern Hiroshima, and at Yahata
River Estuary, western Hiroshima. They are among only remaining tidal flats
within Inner Seto Sea. We will think the importance of those remaining
Wild Bird Society of Japan - Tokushima Prefecture Branch
Sparing Has Come! What Birds, Insects and Fish Are Doing?
Tokushima Nature Watching Society & Yoshino River Tidal Flats Fan Club
- Sunday 18 April at Yoshino River Estuary
- The construction works has begun for the huge bridge that will cross over
the area. A reclamation is also planned at Okisu Beach. Many wildlife live
in these areas.
Feel Breeze at Yoshino River: Open Cafe & Eco-art
- Sunday 2 May 10:00 -
- Fee: 100 yen and additional 100 yen for those who wish to participate in
- (material costs for making a fiddler crab with wires)
- Regretfully the construction works has begun for the crossing bridge over
the tidal flats. News steps will begin by arranging handmade fiddler crabs
of wires around the area.
Canoe Shop "Haruriba"
Wildlife Watching Canoe Tour at Kasuga-hama
- Saturday 29 May 10:00 -
- In case of rain, it will be postponed to the next day
- At Kasuga-hama and Yashima Natural Beach, Takamatsu City
- Meeting point: Canoe Shop Haruriba at Kasuga River Estuary
- Fee: 9,800 yen (reservation required)
- Mr Haru in the canoe industry, a tidal flat keeper, will show you tidal
flats and Kasuga-hama, famous historic place as a battle field in old Japan.
Beginners for canoeing are also welcome.
Wild Bird Society of Japan - Ehime Prefecture Branch
Birdwatching at Shigenobu River Estuary
Birdwatching at Kamo River Estuary
- 29 April (National holiday) 9:30 -
- No fee required.
- 29 April (National holiday) 13:00 -
- The same as the last year, we host birdwatching gatherings at two estuaries.
Let's think about the importance of tidal flats through watching shorebirds.