Association to Save Nakatsu Tidal Flats
Welcome Travelers from Southern Hemisphere Part III.
Association to Enjoy Waterfront
- Sunday 18 April 10:00 -
- East Beach Seaside Gallery Wharf, Nakatsu City
- Daihatsu Car Body Factory moves into Nakatsu City, and this led to reforming
the harbor facilities. Thus damage was imposed upon Nakatsu Tidal Flats,
shellfish dying and the bad harvest of seaweed (Nori) occurring. We wonder
whether migratory birds from the South can visit the area safely.
Beach Cleaning Campaign at Onita Beach
Tidal Flat Watching at Onita
- Sunday 18 April 11:00 -
- Meeting point: behind the Seven-Eleven at Onita
- Working attire is required.
- Sunday 2 May 13:00 -
- Fee: 200 yen for adults/100 yen for high-school students and younger
- Your clothes may get dirty. Bring your towels, long boots, caps, water
bottles, buckets and scoops if possible.
Isahaya Tidal Flat Emergency Rescue Headquarters
Discussion on the Restoration of Isahaya Bay Tidal Flats
- Saturday 10 April 12:30 - at Minori Center, Isahaya City
- Fee: 1,000 yen
- One after anther, there have been damages in Ariake Sea, but in spite of
all those the Isahaya Reclamation Project goes on. Let's restore tidal
flats and bring back fish, shellfish, seaweeds and birds. There are also
a reception on 10 April and on-site study tour on 11 April. Those who would
like to participate in these activities require reservation.
Yashiro Wild Bird Society
Shorebirds Watching at Kuma River Estuary in Shiranui Sea
- Sunday 11 April 14:00 -
- Fee: 100 yen
- Various shorebirds can be seen. Yashiro City has decided to designate the
area as a site for Shorebird Network. We learn the importance of tidal
flats through birdwatching.