Wild Bird Society of Japan - Fukuoka Branch
Birdwatching at Imazu
Birdwatching at Wajiro Beach
- Sunday 4 April and Sunday 2 May 9:00 -
- Fee: 100 yen
Hakata Bay Conference
- Sunday 11 April and Sunday 9 May 9:00 -
- Fee: 100 yen
- Walking along tidal flats at Zuibai River Estuary, rice paddy fields, farmlands
and lotus fields in Imazu, we watch birds. At Wajiro Beach, we walk on
tidal flats in eastern Hakata Bay and watch birds. There is an artificial
island offshore of the tidal flats.
Symposium No More! The Artificial Island at Hakata Bay Eating Up Tax-payers'
Association to Save Wajiro Tidal Flats
- Sunday 11 April 14:00 - at Fukuoka City Communication Center
- Fee: 500 yen
- Fukuoka City is constructing the artificial island, causing damage on natural
environment within Hakata Bay and putting tax-payers' money into it, which
is against its pledge. We will discuss the financial situation of Fukuoka
City and stopping the artificial island that makes citizens' life harder.
Cleaning Campaign of Wajiro Tidal Flats and Nature Watching
Wild Bird Society of Japan - Chikugo Branch
- Saturday 24 April 15:00 -
- Wajiro Tidal Flats has become a National Wildlife Protection Area. We celebrate
this occasion together with wildlife at tidal flats. Let's do cleaning,
nature watching and go ahead for the Ramsar designation of the area. Please
bring your long boots and working gloves.
Ariake Sea Waterfowl Research in Chikugo
- Sunday 25 April 7:00 -
- Eight coastal areas within Ariake Sea in Fukuoka Prefecture from downstream
Chikugo River to Omuta Beach.
- Ariake Sea Waterfowl Research for the spring time will be carried out on
25 April, in the middle of shorebird migration in spring. Please join the
research that begun in 1997 when the iron gates at Isahaya Bay were shut